26 July 2012

Corpse Bride Photo Shoot

If you are like me you are a massive Stop Motion nut, so I fort it would be a good idea to share with you guys some Photos I took of my collection of these beautifully made Jun Planning dolls from Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride. Based on the stunning Puppets made by Mackinnon and Saunders used in this visually inspirational Stop Motion film.

Made to the size of the real puppets, I know that these dolls are the closest thing I will ever get to animating and owning the puppets from this film. I have been privileged enough to hold and pose some of the puppets used in the Corpse Bride, and I have to say its uncanny just how much the Victor Doll feels like holding the Victor puppet.

I hope you enjoy looking at the photos and as always your comments and feedback are very welcome.

 
  
 
  
 
 

2 comments:

Jason Rodgers said...

Great pics! That must have been a great experience to actually handle one of the puppets from Corpse Bride.

I think its interesting how you said that your Victor model felt like the stop motion puppet it was based on. I think that's one of the reasons I also like to collect models and figurines of my favourite characters as it is like a stop motion puppet that just can't move lol...

Thanks for sharing!

Daniel James Animations said...

thanks very much Jason!happy you like the photos :D
it was freeky just how much it does feel like a the real puppet, and yer its the same reason i get all the toys to! ha!